What would you like to experience in church?

Monday, July 12, 2010

If you aint first, you are last!

Ricky Bobby, yes that is what I said "if you ain't first, you are last!" This came of the movie with non other than Ricky Bobby as the main character. If you have seen this movie you remember Ricky's daddy telling him this. I would not agree with this statement. I would, however, say that if you are reacting you are behind in the race and if you are proactive you are more than likely at the front of the race.
I am beginning the leadership meetings her at Pine Log and the one message that I want to make sure we hold before us is that if we are waiting for things to happen and then making plans we will never see the success that God has in store for this place. He has already set the table for a great feast in this place. We are abundantly land rich and are not in short supply of dedicated people who are looking for God to do great things here. I have been amazed as this journey begins how many people are looking for what is next.
I simply put before each of us this day that inside of us is all the equipment that we could possibly need to accomplish all that God is calling us to. I would however caution that we are not bystanders or observers in the Kingdom of God. We are the star players that have been called to be proactive and score for Jesus in all that we are called to do. I am excited to start work on the victory plan at Pine Log UMC.
"The time has come for this generation to make our mark on history, that people will be talking about fifty years from now. All for the glory of God!"-Geoff Grubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment