What would you like to experience in church?

Monday, July 19, 2010

Days like these

Yesterday, what an amazing Sunday God allowed me to be a part of. The morning started with homemade pancakes from my fourteen year old, Victoria. Then I am on my way to the church and look over and the sun is just topping the mountains and the view is breathtaking. I am one happy camper at this moment counting the blessings in my life and so happy to be pastor at a wonderful church. Of course, Sunday morning worship starts at 830 and we all pile in for what turns out to be just Holy Spirit filled time with the Lord. I was so jazzed and amazed at how I felt when it was my turn and I got to preach.
The rest of the morning was more of the same. The late service was one of those places and times where the new guy shows his newness. I got turned around and before you know I am standing in front of the congregation trying to figure out what to do next. The congregation took it in stride and we were off again.
No matter what, God was so glorified yesterday in this place. No matter what, I was a witness to awesomeness of God and His people. No matter what, "I cherish days like this".
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!
P.S.- Days of Elijah... WOW!!!! I am just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment