What would you like to experience in church?

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Super Heroes


My favorite Superhero has been Green Lantern since I first read his comic book many years ago. However, as I have gotten older I have come to have other heroes. Billy Graham is one of those. I love the way he brings the word of God to life and pushes his listener to resolve their understanding of what they have heard. I also have come to admire Andy Andrews, a christian author, his writings but into perspective the lessons we can use to live a more fruitful life. I am also aware of every day heroes like Jerry Meredith and Larry Rary, who God has placed in my life. Pastors who preach and love people openly and with great care. I must say that as I start my time as a Senior Pastor at Pine Log United Methodist Church the influence of these heroes are fresh on my mind and are influencing who I am and will be in my future.
You see the great power of the Green Lantern is his imagination and the great will power channeled through the ring that makes things happen. I look forward to opening the imagination of others with the word of God and seeking the will of God for the life we share together.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you are going to rock Pine Log. Also, I would imagine there are a few people that would consider you a hero. I know that in a lot of ways, I do. BTW, there will be a Green Lantern movie in 2011, with Ryan Reynolds playing Hal Jordan.

    ReplyDelete